Fodder Solutions barley sprouts have been tested at every stage of growth. The peak spectrum of nutrients are available at the 6 day growth stage, this is when the barley sprouts are harvested. The nutritional breakdown of the barley sprouts shows that the sprouts are very high in energy and protein and contain sufficient of these to meet the needs of most stock.
Barley grass is considered the most nutritional of the green grasses containing an abundance of nutrients unsurpassed by any other type of grass. The benefits of fresh green feed such as barley grass have been well documented over the past 50 years.
Barley grass has shown to increase the overall health of the animal through better digestion of the hay and grain. While overall wellness is the most noted result, studies indicate improved performance results in other areas as well. Not only will animals be healthier but also they will experience:
Greater energy and vitality
Stimulates the immune response
Reduction in antinutritional factors
There are many benefits to be found from using fresh “Dr Green” barley grass that has been organically-hydroponically grown. When barley is sprouted it releases many vitamins and minerals as well as converting hard to digest starches in easily digestable proteins
Benefits of using a Fodder Solutions system
- Forget about waiting for rain or soil moisture to plant
- No more moving irrigation lines, ploughing fields, mowing, windrowing, bailing and hammermilling.
- Save on feed prices – Instead of paying high feed prices in tough times you can hedge your investments, buy when others are selling their stock cheap and sell when others are paying high prices. With a Fodder Solutions system you can take control of your feeding and production.
- Organic and affordable – Growing demand for economical “natural” animal feed as well as concerns relating to animal feed safety and the environment make Fodder Solutions systems an attractive means of producing affordable organic “green” feeds.
- Optimum production
- Accelerated growth
- High yield in a very small area
- Low water consumption
- Low energy consumption
- Easy maintenance
- Trouble free operations